Are you in the Riesling wine trade? Become an official “Friend of IRF” and join us in our mission to promote Riesling!
The International Riesling Foundation is a private, not-for-profit organization created in November 2007 to increase the awareness, understanding and consumption of Riesling wines, and to stimulate cooperation among Riesling producers and others to that end. Our purpose is not to produce or market Riesling, but rather to enhance the effort of Riesling producers and trade associations.
Our vision is a world in which Riesling wines are recognized and demanded internationally as the world’s most noble wines due to their diversity of styles, regional character, consistent quality, and compatibility with food.
Our mission is to increase awareness, understanding, trial and sales of Riesling wines through a comprehensive, integrated system of industry cooperation, research, trade education, and consumer communication.
Here’s What We Have for You
When you become a Friend of IRF, you’ll receive :
- Your logo on the IRF Friends page of the IRF website, linking to your website.
- Your logo and a short text description on one region page of the IRF website, linking to your website.
- Email updates on what we’re doing and upcoming opportunities to promote your wines.
- Invitations to participate in IRF-sponsored events.
- Food and wine pairing suggestions that you can use for your own events and promotions.
- Inclusion of your winery in IRF news announcements via our blog and social media.
- Participation in our social media program. Send us your content and we will post it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you’re already posting on those platforms, tag us in your posts and we’ll automatically repost your Riesling-related content.
HOW TO BE AN IRF FRIEND
To activate your membership, please calculate your recommended contribution based on the guidelines below, then print and complete this PDF form. You can attach and email the completed form to info (@) drinkriesling.com or mail it with your check payable to “International Riesling Foundation” in US dollars to:
International Riesling Foundation
c/o New York Wine & Grape Foundation
800 South Main Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424, USA
ATTN: Susan Spence
Friend contributions are for a calendar year (January 1 – December 31) and must be received by January 31 to receive benefits for that year, unless otherwise specified. If paid later in the calendar year, contributions may be pro-rated. Contact us if you have questions.
5 cents (US) per 9 liter case of Riesling wines sold in previous year
$10,000 maximum per winery in a country
$25,000 maximum per global producer
TRADE ASSOCIATIONS: $50 per Riesling producer represented, $10,000 maximum
DISTRIBUTORS/IMPORTERS, MARKETING COMPANIES: $300
RESTAURANTS AND RETAILERS: $200
DISTRIBUTOR SALES PROFESSIONALS, SOMMELIERS, RESTAURANT STAFF, RETAILER STAFF: $75