Enhance Riesling producers’ market insight:
- Create a communications mechanism through which Riesling producers worldwide may share information and perspectives.
- Conduct in-depth market research on consumer perceptions and attitudes about Riesling wines in order to match consumers’ needs to producers’ productions
- Assemble a data base of information on Riesling, including production, consumption, and trends.
- Conduct a search of existing research into Riesling production, and determine future needs
- Participate in and/or organize conferences and symposia focused on Riesling
- Focus on young consumers in terms of communications strategies for building future long-term markets
- Communicate and coordinate closely with existing Riesling-focused trade associations to explore areas of mutual benefit and synergy
- Provide consumers with information about Riesling:
- Develop a Taste Scale highlighting the perceived sweetness of Riesling wines that will encourage more consistency among producers and provide valuable information for consumers
- Create an attractive, user-friendly, informative web site with links to other Riesling-focused sites to provide consumers with comprehensive and up to date information
- Conduct and coordinate seminars and tastings of Riesling wines for the trade and consumers
- Develop a funding mechanism that is adequate, fair, and sustainable in achieving the IRF’s objectives