Dear Riesling Colleague
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the International Riesling Foundation (IRF), I cordially invite you to become a “Friend of the Foundation” and join us in promoting the growth of the world’s most noble white wine.
The IRF is truly an international organization, with a 30-member Board of Directors representing top producers in the world’s major Riesling producing countries and regions. Our mission is “to increase awareness, understanding, trial and sales of Riesling wines through a comprehensive, integrated system of industry cooperation, research, trade education, and consumer communication.”
In the brief time since the IRF was formed, we have:
- Assembled a world-class Board of Directors committed to the IRF’s goals
- Commissioned market research on US consumer and trade attitudes toward Riesling wines
- Created a “Riesling Taste Profile” to help producers let consumers predict the flavor in each bottle of Riesling they purchase (now on 26 million bottles in the U.S. market)
- Created a web site (www.drinkriesling.com) where people may learn much more about Riesling, and the regions where it is produced
- Created attractive, downloadable and customizable point-of-sale materials which may be used to promote individual brands and the Riesling Taste Profile
- Created a “Member Page” on the web site which provides direct benefits to “Friends”
- Created an e-newsletter which drives consumers to the IRF web site
- Sent numerous emails to Riesling producers, media and consumers
- Begun work on several new levels of benefits for “Friends of the Foundation”
- Participated in the massive ProWein trade show in Dusseldorf, Germany for the past two years
- Launched a nationwide (U.S.) “Summer of Riesling” promotion involving more than 200 of the very top restaurants who featured Riesling for three months
I have attached several documents which provide more detail: an International Riesling Foundation Fact Sheet; a document on Vision, Mission, Objectives; and a Contribution Form which you may use to become involved with the IRF. There is much more information on our web site.
We are very excited about the growth of Riesling consumption and its ever-increasing quality worldwide. We believe that by working together we can make those trends permanent, to the benefit of all.
Please join us today.
President, International Riesling Foundation
email@example.com, 585-394-3620, ext. 203